Sunday 12 May 2013

I’m Hot And Sexy – Ine Aju


Background
I am Ine Aju but I am always referred to as Miss Independent. I was born in the early 90s to a middle class family in Cross River State but I spent most of my childhood in Benue State.  We are five in the family and my father died when I was 19 years old. I am just learning to live with the painful memory. I am a singer, actor and model.

Journey into music
That was three years ago when I took up music full-time because of my passion for it. I always feel good whenever I am on stage because I know everybody would be watching, some of them reach out and show me love when they are happy with my performance.
As an actress
I have featured in movies like Desire, Years in Rome, Royal Dilemma, King of kings and a soap opera called Clinic matters.
Inspiration
Everything that happens to me on a daily basis inspires me, but God has been my major source of inspiration. I also get my inspiration from listening to good music.  I could use a word from the song of a particular artiste to create a lot of things.
Career challenges
I pay a lot to air my song on radio or on the television. Here, artistes don’t receive royalties if their songs are played on air. You have to pay to record, do the promo CDs and shoot a good video. The money is not easy to come by. I have spent over N3m shooting the video of my latest music because I have to pay models and other production personnel on the project. Abroad, the reverse is the case. So far, I’ve been lucky. This is because I have a lot of friends and family members who believe in me and have been supporting me financially. I know I will get back 100 per cent of what I spent because I believe in myself a lot. A lot of people believe in me as well. I have been to a lot of shows and people encourage me. One appearance always leads to several invitations to perform at other shows.
Routine
When I wake up, I go to the studio to record. If I don’t have anything to record, I just go to the studio to hear some new sounds. In the evening, I go to the club to listen to the kind of music people are dancing to, this inspires me a lot.  I love fun and I like to go to where things are happening, I also love to hang out with friends.
Nigerian music industry
It is growing as opposed to the past and I hope we will continue to grow. However, there are some changes I would advocate for the industry. I believe that artistes should shun being copycats. Most of them are very talented but when they notice that a particular music or artiste is getting attention, there will be a switch to that kind of rhythm. Why not carve out individual identities for yourself instead of copying others?
Favourite artistes
All talented artistes are my favourites-Tuface, Flavour, Banky W, Tiwa Savage and so many others. I love their style but they don’t influence my style. The people who influence me are mainly foreign artistes.
Friendship
I still relate with my childhood friends the same way I did in those days. I do not look down on any of them because they have been there for me and it would be unfair to cast them aside because of fame.  Those ones who started with me from the beginning are my real friends.
Style
To me, style means swagger. My style is hot, sexy and naughty- just like my songs.
Beauty routine
I exercise all the time and I watch what I eat because I have the tendency to be fat. I watch what goes into my body because my body is my money.
Likes and dislikes
I hate fake people, I don’t like dishonest people. I love people who are real.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...