Friday 14 June 2013

Fabregas Back To England Is “Absurd,” “I’m Happy At Barca-” Fabregas

Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas has dismissed reports suggesting his possible return to the English Premier League (EPL) as “absurd.”
In an interview with Spanish newspaper Marca, the 26-year-old playmaker said he’s ‘happy’ playing for Barca and has never discussed any intention of leaving with anybody.
“I’ve always said that I’m happy at Barca. Whoever says that I’m leaving doesn’t know me and has never spoken with me,” Fabregas said.
“If someone says I don’t want to play at Barca, it’s completely absurd.”
“My agent knows that I don’t want him to talk with other people about me,” he added.
There have been speculations the Spanish international is on his way back to England with a possible return to Arsenal FC, where he made 303 appearances in his eight-year spell, scoring 57 goals, believed to be in prospect.

David Moyes has been a longtime admirer of the midfielder and was also reported to be keen on luring him to Old Trafford as part of the solution to his depleted midfield.
Fabregas came through the youth ranks at Barcelona from the age of 10 until 16, when he signed for the Gunners.
Since re-joining the Catalans in 2011 he has played a bit-part role for the side. Last season Fabregas started 30 of Barcelona’s 38 games but was substituted on 16 occasions. He was in the starting line-up in 6 of Barca’s 12 games in the Champions League but was subbed on three occasions.


These have given birth to rumours that he was unsettled with the La Liga champions, but the midfielder insisted his future remained with Barca.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...